Charter schools in Massachusetts are governed by a volunteer board of trustees instead of a school committee. The Board is a governance body that oversees the school’s faithfulness to charter, academic success, and organizational viability. McAuliffe’s Board of Trustees recognizes the importance of seeking new board members annually to keep the trustees’ skills and school’s needs aligned and to ensure a robust and active board.
Serving on the McAuliffe board offers unique opportunities:
- to shape the future of McAuliffe and establish the school as a model charter & middle school in the state.
- to positively impact the recruitment and retention of excellent and diverse McAuliffe educators.
- to build partnerships with local universities, public school systems, and businesses.
- to expand and improve on the resources we provide our scholars and educators.
Who are we looking for?
- Dedicated individuals who are looking to make a meaningful impact in their community.
- Creative and diverse voices that can help shape the direction of the school.
- Individuals with connections to community businesses, not for profits and/or municipalities to help build stronger bridges into our region.
- People who are willing to share diverse perspectives and ask difficult questions.
- Multilingual individuals with strong ties to local Brazilian and Hispanic communities.
What is the commitment?
- Two hours per month to attend Board Meetings.
- Participation on a committee (current examples are Education, Finance, Development, Governance, and Audit).
- Attend school events, get to know the great work being done by our staff and students.
This is an exciting time to become a McAuliffe trustee! Click here to learn more.