Charter schools in Massachusetts are governed by a volunteer board of trustees instead of a school committee. The Board is a governance body that oversees the school’s faithfulness to charter, academic success, and organizational viability. McAuliffe’s Board of Trustees recognizes the importance of seeking new board members annually to keep the trustees’ skills and school’s needs aligned and to ensure a robust and active board.
- to shape the future of McAuliffe and establish the school as a model charter & middle school in the state.
- to positively impact the recruitment and retention of excellent and diverse McAuliffe educators.
- to expand and improve on the resources we provide our scholars and educators.
- Dedicated individuals who are looking to make a meaningful impact in their community.
- Creative and diverse voices that can help shape the direction of the school.
- Individuals with connections to community businesses, not for profits and/or municipalities to help build stronger bridges into our region.
- People who are willing to share diverse perspectives and ask difficult questions.
- Multilingual individuals with strong ties to local Brazilian and Hispanic communities.
- Two hours per month to attend Board Meetings.
- Participation on a committee (current examples are Education, Finance, Development, Governance, and Audit).
- Attend school events, get to know the great work being done by our staff and students.
- This is an exciting time to become a McAuliffe trustee! Click here to learn more.
If you would like to contact the Board of Trustees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FY23 Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Audit Comm FY23
Board of Trustees FY23
Development Comm FY23
Education Comm FY23
Finance Comm FY23
Governance Comm FY23
FY22 Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Audit Comm FY22
Board of Trustees FY22
Development Comm FY22
Education Comm FY22
Finance Comm FY22
Governance Comm FY22
FY21 Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Audit Comm FY21
Board of Trustees FY21
Development Comm FY21
Education Comm FY21
Finance Comm FY21
Governance Comm FY21
FY20 Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Audit Comm FY20
Board of Trustees FY20
Education Comm FY20
Finance Comm FY20
Governance Comm FY120
The Christa McAuliffe Charter School Foundation (the Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization established to support the functions and operations of the Christa McAuliffe Charter School (the School), a Massachusetts charter school located in Framingham, Massachusetts. Through community development we provide financial support to the School, provide oversight to the school’s giving program and oversee the Foundation’s Real Estate holdings which house the School.
Originally formed in May 2000 as The Friends of Framingham Community Charter School, Inc., we took on a new name to stay current with the School’s evolution and renaming in 2015. We meet as needed during the school year, often in conjunction with the School’s Board of Trustees (BoT). Our volunteer Board of Directors come from various professional and personal backgrounds and all members have strong personal connections with the School. There are three Officers – a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer – and we form ad hoc task forces as needed to undertake projects. The School holds three permanent positions on the Foundation: one for the Chair of the Board of Trustees (or designee), one for the Executive Director (or designee) and one for the Treasurer – who is dual hatted as the School’s Business Manager.