Join Our Crew!
The Christa McAuliffe Charter School is a diverse EL Education school with a hands-on curriculum that inspires achievement through active learning, character growth, and teamwork.
We are looking for dedicated teachers to join our faculty!
To apply: We post our job openings on School Spring where you can upload your materials directly or you can email your cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts and/or certifications, reference letters, and other materials to email@example.com.
- We love our scholars!
- Two protected planning/prep sessions per day
- Supervisor is your Coach who observes you weekly and hosts one coaching session per week
- Highly collaborative and energetic environment.
- 50% of classes are co-taught by general educators and special educators.
- Many faculty lead afterschool classes and clubs or coach sports teams
- We love bakeoffs, trivia parties, and Pi Days – in other words we love to have FUN each and every day!
- Collaborate with colleagues to create highly engaging, cross-curricular project based units of study.
- Employ a variety of teaching methodologies that guide scholars to engage in critical thinking: use of protocols, simulations, cooperative learning, experiments, hands-on projects, and other inquiry- based activities.
- Employ total participation techniques to engage all scholars in learning during every moment of class
- Implement formative and summative assessments to track scholar progress; engage scholars in the assessment and tracking process
- Analyze data on scholar performance to effectively inform instruction
- Provide differentiated support including accomodations and modifications to ensure all scholars are able to meet and exceed standards
- Implement school-wide positive behaviorial systems to effectively manage the classroom
- Serve as a Crew advisor to 10-12 scholars which includes leading a daily advisory, called Crew, supporting advisees and regularly communicating with parents/guardians