The McAuliffe Parent Teacher Group (PTG) exists with a primary purpose to provide parents/guardians with specific ways to support the mission of the Christa McAuliffe Charter School and all scholars’ learning and character development.
PTG leaders have identified priorities that offer a range of ways for parents/guardians to be involved with lighter or heavier touches, as we recognize that families have different schedules, responsibilities, and flexibility. Our hope is that each family is able to participate in at least one PTG activity/initiative/event whether behind-the-scenes or up-front-and-personal! Thank you for being a part of the McAuliffe community and contributing to our common mission and values!
Our vision for the 2020-21 school year is for each Crew to have at least two gatherings (Fall and Spring) organized by Crew Parents that average 1.5 to 2 hours in length. For this Fall, we envision virtual gatherings. Some Crew gatherings could also be organized with Sister Crews. Note: A minimum of one adult for virtual gatherings and two adults for in-person gatherings to chaperone is necessary to ensure the safety of all involved.
If you have questions about the PTG or aren’t sure how you can contribute, please contact one of the following individuals:
- Michelle Rosenberg, PTG President, email@example.com
- Mara Gorden, Director of Community Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maggie Olegario, Family engagement Coordinator, email@example.com.
Join the Conversation
McAuliffe Family Facebook Group
This is a closed Facebook group for current McAuliffe families. Click here to join. Here you will be able to chat with other McAuliffe families.
McAuliffe Facebook Page
This is McAuliffe's public Facebook page. Here you will find updates, reminders, announcements, photos, and more. Click here to follow.
PTG’s priorities for 20-21 include:
- Community Building: With the unique nature of the 2020-2021 school year, the PTG’s top priority is to help build the school community, both for scholars and families. We recognize that a sense of belonging can be difficult to develop and maintain with virtual interactions. We plan to implement community building through new “Community Hour” virtual meetings and increased support of Crews.
- Crew Gatherings: More active support of Crew Gatherings to help strengthen our community and improve Scholar bonding through crew events held outside of the classroom. More involvement from previous years and goal is to have each crew gather twice.
- Staff Appreciation: Shower McAuliffe professionals with gratitude through simple tokens of appreciation every month.
- School Socials: Host two social opportunities for scholars and recruit parents/guardians to plan and chaperone.
- Ski Club: Continue to support the operations of Ski Club.
- Alumni College Scholarship: Continue to provide opportunity for McAuliffe graduates to apply for a college scholarship; engage a panel of parents/guardians and teachers in the application review and selection process.
The PTG will bi-monthly businessfour meetings during the school year to discuss issues that are pertinent to our community. These meetings will take place bi-monthly on the third Monday of the month beginning in September. This year, the PTG will also pilot test a series “Community Hour” Zoom sessions. It is anticipated that the pilot will launch with one meeting per trimester. We hope that you will come and meet other parents/guardians and learn about our school at these meetings. It is anticipated that these meetings will be held via Zoom.
|Co-Vice-Presidents||Lorraine Pocon Ramos
|Co-Treasurers||Melanie and Aaron Steck|
|Alumni Scholarship Coordinator(s) & Volunteers||Lauren Parlmenter & Megan Martin|
|School Socials Coordinator(s) & Volunteers||Heidi McIndoo|
|Ski Club Coordinator(s) & Volunteers|
|Staff Appreciation Coordinator(s) & Volunteers||Jalisa Luna|
|Spirit Wear Coordinator(s) & Volunteers||Michelle Rosenberg|