The McAuliffe Parent Teacher Group (PTG) exists with a primary purpose to provide parents/guardians with specific ways to support the mission of the Christa McAuliffe Charter School and all scholars’ learning and character development.
PTG leaders have identified priorities for the 2018-19 school year that offer a range of ways for parents/guardians to be involved with lighter or heavier touches, as we recognize that families have different schedules, responsibilities, and flexibility. Our hope is that each family is able to participate in at least one PTG activity/initiative/event whether behind-the-scenes or up-front-and-personal! Thank you for being a part of the McAuliffe community and contributing to our common mission and values!
If you have questions about the PTG or aren’t sure how you can contribute, please contact one of the following individuals:
- Jacqui Goldberg, PTG President, email@example.com
- Mara Gorden, Director of Community Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Conversation
McAuliffe Family Facebook Group
This is a closed Facebook group for current McAuliffe families. Click here to join. Here you will be able to chat with other McAuliffe families.
PTG’s priorities for 201-19 include:
- Crew Gatherings: More active support of Crew Gatherings to help strengthen our community and improve Scholar bonding through crew events held outside of the classroom. More involvement from previous years and goal is to have each crew gather twice.
- Staff Appreciation: Shower McAuliffe professionals with gratitude through food as well as fun (and simple!) tokens of appreciation every month.
- School Socials: Host two socials and recruit parents/guardians to chaperone.
- Ski Club: Continue to support the operations of Ski Club.
- Alumni College Scholarship: Continue to provide opportunity for McAuliffe graduates to apply for a college scholarship; engage a panel of parents/guardians and teachers in the application review and selection process.
The PTG will hold 4 meetings during the school year to discuss issues that are pertinent to our community. We hope that you will come and meet other parents/guardians and learn about our school at these meetings. Dates coming soon. Click here for meeting agendas and minutes.
|Alumni Scholarship||Cariann Steebruggenemail@example.com|
|Box Tops||Michelle Christensenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School Socials||Carian Steebruggen & Cheryl Mitchamemail@example.com
|Ski Club||Jenny Pewethererfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff Appreciation||Shondra Parejo||Shondraparejo@gmail.com|